- Measure the widest part around your head – this is usually approx. 1cm above your ears.
- If you don’t have a flexible tape measure just use a piece of string or ribbon and find a ruler.
Dashel helmets come in 3 Sizes:
- Small: 54cm - 56cm
- Medium: 57cm - 58.5cm
- Large: 59cm - 61cm
Pads are provided in 2 thicknesses with every purchase, to tailor the fit to your exact head shape.
How to Fit your Helmet
- Place the helmet on your head, push it down ensuring it sits level 1-2 cm above your eyebrows and does not tilt too far backwards or forwards. The helmet should feel snug but not constricting. Use the comfort pads to adapt it to your size
- Tighten the chin strap, the 'Y' shape should fit just below your ears. The Fidlock clasp must sit under the chin and not on the jawbone.
- Make sure the strap feels comfortable but secure. You should not be able to get more than one finger between your chin and the strap.
How to Achieve the Perfect fit.
- The pads are only there for your comfort and do not contribute to the performance of your helmet in a crash.
- The silver pads are 5mm thick.
- The black pads are 10mm thick.
- For the smallest size in the range, use all of the black pads.
- For a custom fit, mix and match according to whether your head is narrow, high, round or narrow.
Warning - A helmet can only protect you if it is worn in the right size, correctly fastened. It's too small if it feels constricting. It’s too big if it still wobbles with all of the black pads fitted inside and the chinstrap tightened. See Delivery and Returns if Dashel Helmets do not fit you, or you need a different size.